Cool off with this refreshing and easy recipe using pre-cooked pink ocean shrimp. Sweet to taste and unique texture, this shrimp rice roll recipe is sure to be a hit with your family and friends! This recipe includes a no-cook delicious spicy peanut sauce.
- 8 sheets rice paper
For the filling
- 230 grams 8 ounces cooked pink shrimp
- .5 litre 2 cups cooked rice noodles
- 60 ml 1/4 cup nuoc cham ( Vietnamese dipping sauce)
- 1 lime, zest and juice
- 60 grams 2 ounces carrot, julienne
- 60 grams 2 ounces dikon radish, julienne
- 60 grams 2 ounces cucumber, julienne
- cilantro to taste
- chopped kale, (optional)
No cook peanut sauce
- 120 ml 1/2 cup natural peanut butter, (natural no sugar added)
- 15 ml 1 tablespoon sweet soy sauce ( kecap manis )
- 15 ml 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 15 ml 1 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce ( Thai cock brand)
- 15 ml 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seed oil
- 10 ml 2 teaspoons sambal oelek
For the dipping sauce:
Whisk together the peanut butter, sweet soy, hoisin, sweet chilli sauce, sesame seed oil and the sambal oelek. Leave it at room temperature until needed.
For the filling:
Place the shrimp, rice noodles, nuoc cham, lime juice and zest, carrots, dikon, cucumber and cilantro into a large mixing bowl. Toss gently until the ingredients are well distributed with the rice noodles.
Let it sit for 30 minutes in the fridge before wrapping in the rice paper.