There is no doubt that when the summer heat waves come rolling in, we're all looking for ways to cool down and relax... so it's without a doubt that we would urge you to try this gorgeous shrimp crostini recipe that's delicious but also very easy to prep and serve!
• 350 grams (12 ounces) cooked pink shrimp, squeeze out excess liquid
• 120 ml (1/2 cup) mayonnaise
• 60 grams (1/4 cup) diced celery
• 1 whole green onion, sliced
• 15 ml (1 tablespoon dijon) mustard
• 1 whole lemon, zest and juice
• 5 ml (1 teaspoon) Worcestershire sauce
For the toast:
• 4 slices sour dough bread , toasted
• 2 cloves garlic
• 2 whole vine ripened tomato, cut in half, seeds and extra liquid removed
- Fold the the pink shrimp into the mixture of mayonnaise, celery, green onion, mustard, Worcestershire, lemon juice and zest. Let it sit in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Adjust seasoning, you may have to add salt but cooked pink shrimp are usually cooked in salted water and are already seasoned.
- Toast up the slices of sour dough until very crispy.
- While the toast is still warm rub the fresh garlic cloves over the rough surface like a grater, half a clove per slice.
- Let the toast cool.
- Just before you are ready to serve rub the tomato halves over the cold toast similar to the technique you used with the garlic.
- Divide the shrimp mixture evenly over the four slices of toast and serve with a green salad.