Spot Prawn Fettuccine
This pasta dish is a favourite of ours and is ready in less than 30 minutes without compromising quality and taste. Using our Spot Prawn Umami Bisque makes it fast and easy to impress you friends and neighbours.
Ingredients for 2 people:
- 220 g fettuccine or other pasta
- 4 l water
- 20 g salt
For the sauce:
- 30 ml olive oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- ½ red pepper, diced
- ½ yellow pepper, diced
- 200 ml whipping cream
- 250 ml Spot Prawn Bisque
- 10 spot prawn tails, peeled (or as many as you like!)
- Bring the water to a boil, add the salt and pasta, cook for about 7 minutes. (Note: you are looking to under-cook the pasta slightly less than “al dente” since you are going to cook it more in the sauce.) Reserve 1 cup of the pasta water and drain.
- Sauté the prawns in a large sauté pan and reserve them on the side to add at the end.
- Once prawns are removed, use the same pan and heat oil. Sauté the onions, garlic, and peppers. **Keep in mind you can use any of your favourite vegetables, like fennel, celery or carrots. Green vegetables like spinach, arugula, parsley, blanched broccoli or asparagus can be added at the end.**
- Add the pasta to the cooked vegetables and add 200 ml cream and 250 ml of spot prawn bisque.
- Toss and stir until the pasta is cooked and the sauce has reduced enough to coat the pasta.
- If the pasta is still undercooked for your taste, thin the sauce with a bit of the reserved pasta water and keep cooking until ready.
- Toss in your cooked spot prawns and serve.