So versatile - learn how to make a simple and tasty risotto using our Spot Prawn Bisque
- 60 ml olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 10 g salt
- 350 g Arborio rice
- 1,000 ml water
- 250 ml spot prawn bisque
- 1 head anise or fennel, diced
- 50 g unsalted butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh herbs, like parsley, tarragon, or basil
- Bring the water to a boil and hold it at a light simmer.
- Make sure the spot prawn bisque is defrosted completely.
- In a medium-sized sauce pot, heat oil on medium high and add the onions, sauté until they are translucent, about two minutes. Turn down the heat to medium and add the slice garlic, and the rice.
- Add the 10 grams of salt and stir until the rice is completely coated with the oil.
- Begin to add the water roughly 100 ml at a time and stir until it is nearly all absorbed then repeat. It should take approx. 25 minutes for all the water to be used and the risotto is cooked.
- Halfway through, at the 13-minute mark, add the bisque.
- At 20-minute mark add the diced fennel.
- Finish with butter and herbs.