- Blue Shrimp
- Optional 1 tsp pork fat (traditional route)
- ¼ cup cilantro leaves
- 2/3 cup green onions, finely sliced (save some for garnish)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp ginger root, grated
- 1 tsp anchovy paste
- ½ tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 egg white
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ sugar
- 2 tsp corn starch
- 4 slices of thick white bread (optional crusts)
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- Vegetable oil (for frying)
- Peel shrimp and food process shrimp, (optional pork fat), ginger, cilantro, scallions, ginger, sesame oil, sugar, salt, cornstarch and egg whites.
- Divide and spread the mixture on the bread slices. Spread evenly to the edges on both sides.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds, lightly pressing into mixture.
- Cut into quarters (little triangles).
- In large non-stick pan or skillet, heat 1 cm of oil until simmering. Fry for 2mins each side, until golden brown.
- Transfer to paper towel and enjoy.