Here are just a few of our favourite grilling techniques and tips. Try these up to step up your grilling game, you won't regret it!
1. For easier flipping of fish, use a spatula specifically designed for this purpose. The key is a very thin metallic fish spatula!
2. Ensure that you preheat your grill on high heat for 10-15 minutes and clean the cooking grates by brushing them - try using our all-natural bbq scraper.
3. Leave the skin on the fish as it helps prevent it from falling apart during grilling.
4. Apply a light coat of oil to the fish to prevent it from sticking to the grates.
5. Grilling time for a fish fillet will be approximately 10 minutes per inch of thickness.
6. Try Chef Robert's Clark favourite technique - add seaweed either below or on top of your fillet when cooking seafood on a pre-soaked cedar board. This technique adds a wonderful natural umami flavour to your seafood.
7. Dry fillets typically cook better than wet ones. Simply coat the filets with salt, then firmly wrap them in paper towels and allow them to rest for a couple of minutes. This process helps reduce any excess moisture.
8. Do not overcook your fish! To determine if the fish is done, gently insert a fork at the thickest part and twist. It should easily flake and no longer appear raw or translucent.
9. You can enhance the taste of your grilled fish by cooking it on a bed of lemons. This not only adds a delightful infusion of flavour but also helps prevent the fish from sticking to the grill.
10. And most importantly, choose Organic Ocean to supply you with the best-tasting seafood in Canada.