- 225 g Albacore Tuna
- 2 sheets macro kelp (pre-soaked and cut into 2.5 cm strips)
- 4 cedar cooking wraps
- 45 ml soy sauce
- 10 ml sesame oil
- 25 g ginger, grated
- 1 small carrot, julienne
- 2 whole green onions, julienne
- 6 whole shiitake mushrooms, sliced thin
- Togarashi or other spice, optional
- 2 whole citrus, lemon or lime, juiced on top of the cooked fish
- cracked pepper to taste
- Soak the BC Coastal Cedar Wraps in water for at least 15 minutes
- Preheat your oven or grill to 500 F. The hotter the better
- Combine the soy sauce, sesame oil and the grated ginger. (Note: For even easier prep - replace the soy sauce, sesame oil and ginger with our signature Poke Marinade.) Add the julienne carrots, green onions, and the sliced mushrooms.
- Gently toss in the diced albacore tuna, season with cracked pepper and let marinate for 15 minutes or up to an hour
- Lay out your 4 cedar wraps and place a strip of the soaked macro kelp on each one.
- Top with the marinated tuna and vegetables.
- Roll it up like a cigar and securely tie with the butcher twine that is included with the wraps.
Place the wraps on a cast iron pan and cook at 500 F for 3 minutes to 5 minutes, depending on your preference of doneness.
Place on the hottest part of the grill, cover and turn the heat completely off and cook for 2 -3 minutes, depending on your preference of doneness.
Note: you may want a spray bottle of water to spray any potential flare ups.