Scallop Carpaccio with Wasabi Ginger Lime Dressing is the perfect appetizer to enjoy the scallop's natural sweetness and tender texture. This scallop sashimi recipe is beautiful and simple to make with thin slices of raw scallops, wasabi-ginger sauce, zippy lime juice, and topped with Tobiko flying fish roe.
- 6 Fresh Hokkaido Japanese scallops, sliced crosswise ¼ inch thick
- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Lime Juice
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Wasabi Paste
- ½ tsp Fresh Ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 6-8 Radish Sprouts for garnish
- 2 tbsp Tobiko (flying fish roe) for garnish
- Dash of Sea Salt Flakes
- If using frozen sea scallops, defrost overnight in the refrigerator.
- Wash and pat dry fresh scallops with a kitchen paper towel.
- With a sharp chef's knife, sliced crosswise ¼ inch thick to get a clean slice through the scallop.
- Set the sliced scallops aside covered with saran wrap in the refrigerator while you prepare the Wasabi Ginger Lime Dressing sauce.
- In a small sauce bowl, add in wasabi paste, minced ginger, lime juice, olive oil and salt. Mix well until emulsified.
- Place thinly slices of raw sea scallops, onto a serving plate.
- To add texture and pops of flavour, drizzle a light touch of the Wasabi Ginger Lime Dressing sauce, radish sprouts, and Tobiko (flying fish roe).
- Sprinkle with crunchy fleur de sel (sea salt flakes).
- Serve and enjoy this fantastic keto scallop recipe.
Recipe created and used with permission by Nancy Wu at www.nomss.com