This classic French dish is so simple and easy to make, yet it highlights the wonderful flavour of Petrale Sole, butter, lemon and parsley. This recipe is written for 1 fillet of Petrale Sole. It can easily be multiplied for more people.
- 1 Petrale Sole fillet
- all purpose flour, enough to coat the fish
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil or enough to coat the bottom of the frypan
- 1 tbsp butter, salted
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Begin by coating the Petrale Sole fillet generously with flour
- Bring a frypan up to temperature over medium high heat. Add oil, then gently place the fillet into the pan and cook until golden brown - about one minute
- Flip the fillet over and add butter to the pan
- When butter begins to turn brown, remove the fillet and place onto a serving plate.
- Return the hot pan to the stove, add parsley and lemon juice. Turn off the heat, stir quickly, then pour the sauce over the fillet and serve.