Lingcod is a favourite of ours, you can steam it, pan-fry it, or fancy it up with some herbs and tomatoes as we’ve done in this recipe. It’s full of protein, omega-3 fatty acids, selenium ad vitamin 12 too, but you don’t have to tell anyone it’s super healthy! We like this with potatoes and green beans, perhaps asparagus if you are celebrating. This recipe would be good over pasta with the pan juices poured over too.
- 4 /4-inch-thick) skinless lingcod fillets (6 to ounces each)
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 medium lemons
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 10 sprigs of fresh thyme
- Five cocktail tomatoes or 10 cherry tomatoes whole
- Two tablespoons of capers
- Heat to 400°F. Pat the fish dry with a paper towel.
- Pour 2 tablespoon olive oil into a baking dish large enough to fit the filets in one layer
- Thinly slice 1 lemon and remove any seeds, chop the tomatoes in quarters.
- Lay the fillets in the dish and season them all over with salt and pepper.
- Place the lemon slices over the fish and top with garlic and herb sprigs, capers, and tomatoes.
- Pour another splash of olive oil on top and a little dash more salt and pepper.
- Bake until the fish is opaque and flakes easily, 15 to 20 minutes.