- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup corn starch
- Pinch cayenne
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sweetened coconut
- 1 lb Tropical Blue Shrimp, peeled and tails removed
- Sweet chili sauce, for dipping
- Heat about two inches of oil in a heavy bottom pot over medium heat until a deep-fry thermometer registers 350 F.
- Meanwhile, put the eggs in one shallow dish. Whisk together the flour, cornstarch, cayenne, 2 teaspoons salt and 1 teaspoon pepper in a medium bowl. Transfer half the flour mixture to a third bowl and stir in the coconut.
- Working in batches, dredge the shrimp in the flour mixture, shake off any excess, dip in the eggs and then roll in the coconut mixture, pressing to coat thoroughly. Fry until golden, 2 to 3 minutes adjusting the heat as needed to maintain the oil temperature. Transfer the shrimp to paper towels to drain. Serve with sweet chili sauce on the side for dipping.