Thyme Crusted Sablefish served on a refreshing Panzanella Salad
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small loaf of French or soft white bread), cut into bite size cubes
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 large ripe tomatoes or large handful of small tomatoes, cut into large pieces
- ½ red onion/small shallot, thinly sliced
- ½ cup basil leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt and pepper
Thyme crusted Sablefish:
- Sablefish fillets
- 3 tsp chopped thyme leaves
- Olive Oil
- Knob of butter
- Sprig of thyme
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- In a large bowl, toss bread cubes with olive oil, Transfer to a baking sheet. Bake approx. 15 mins until crisp. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Place chopped tomatoes in a colander set over a bowl and season with salt.
- Set aside at room temperature to drain and remove access liquid (keep the liquid)
- Remove tomatoes from the colander and place into a large bowl
- Add shallot, garlic, mustard, and vinegar to bowl with tomato juice. Whisking constantly, drizzle in remaining olive oil. Season dressing to taste with salt and pepper.
- Combine toasted bread, tomatoes, and dressing in a large bowl. Add basil leaves. Toss everything to coat and season. Let rest 30 minutes before serving, tossing occasionally until the dressing is absorbed by the bread.
Thyme Crusted Sablefish:
- In a Ziplock bag mix chopped Thyme, Black Pepper (no salt!) and Olive oil, mix thoroughly then add Sablefish fillets. Seal the bag and turn it several times, to mix. Refrigerate for 4 hours. Bring to room Temperature 30 minutes before cooking
- Pre-heat a heavy bottom Saute Pan
- Season Sablefish with Salt and then saute, Skin side first and flip after 4 mins.
- Cook for a another 4 more minutes before adding a knob of butter and a sprig of fresh thyme.
- Baste the sable fish with the melted butter until the fish starts feels like it wants to flake.