- Makes 4-6 servings
- ¼ cup orange juice, zest from 1 orange
- ¾ cup lemon juice, zest from 1 lemon
- 2 cups extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup chopped shallots
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ ounce picked fresh thyme
- 2 ounces fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
Place all of the ingredients into a blender and puree for 30 seconds or until smooth.
- 1 pound albacore tuna, seared to your likeness (ultra rare/raw is best)
- 4 eggs, hard-boiled, peeled, cut in half
- 1 pound baby new potatoes, cooked, cut in half
- 1 pound baby green beans, blanched
- 16 cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 4 ounces black olives - Nicoise or dried Moroccan
- ¼ cup citrus dressing
If all your ingredients are fresh and taste great on their own, simply build your plate and drizzle the citrus dressing over all of the ingredients.
If one or two ingredients are a bit weak, toss the potatoes, green beans, tomatoes and olives with the citrus vinaigrette before plating. Plate the tuna and hard-boiled eggs last.
Sprinkle with flaky sea salt and freshly cracked pepper.
Capers and anchovies are a tasty optional garnish.