This lemon butter baked Pacific cod is the perfect any-night meal. It’s ready to eat in under 30 minutes. This is a meal that’s simple to prepare, nutritious and delicious!
- 1 Tbsp Italian Lemon olive oil
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 Pacific Cod portions
- cherry tomatoes
- red clay salt
- black pepper
- fresh parsley, minced
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- In a large oven-proof pan on medium heat, warm the olive oil. Add the shallot and garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes until tender.
- While the shallot and garlic are cooking, pat the cod fillets dry with paper towel. Season with red clay salt and pepper on all sides. Set aside.
- Once shallot and garlic are done, add butter and lemon juice. Cook for about 1-2 minutes until all of the butter is melted. Give it a good stir.
- Arrange the Pacific Cod fillets in the pan in the lemon butter sauce. Add the cherry tomatoes. Cover the saucepan with a lid or aluminum foil and transfer to the oven.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until the cod is tender and flaky, and cherry tomatoes have popped. The exact baking time may vary depending on the thickness of the cod. Once cooked, remove cod from the pan and set aside.
- To serve, pour lemon butter sauce over cod and tomatoes, and sprinkle with fresh parsley. Serve on a bed of lemon risotto.