Creamy Spot Prawn Bisque
One of the simplest ways to create a restaurant quality bisque at home using our Organic Ocean Spot Prawn Umami Bisque.
- 500 ml Organic Ocean Spot Prawn Bisque
- 300 ml whipping cream
- 16 pcs spot prawn tails
- 200 g spring peas, blanched
- Whipping cream brings the bisque to a whole new level of decadence, but you can also substitute with milk, water, or stock.
- Cook the spot prawn tails, by simply pouring boiling salted water over the tails that have been laid out in a dish. Cook for 30 seconds and remove from the liquid and peel.
- If you have access to fresh spring peas, shell and blanch them. (Note: I am a big advocate of high-quality frozen seafood, and some vegetables are the same. Frozen peas are often better than their fresh counterparts because they were frozen at the height of their sweetness and are my go-to when making this super easy restaurant quality soup.)
- Bring the bisque and cream to a boil over medium high heat, whisking thoroughly as it heats up.
- Divide between 4 bowls and garnish with the prawns and peas.
*TIP* - For an easier, but less attractive presentation, raw peeled prawn tails can be tossed into the bisque for 20 seconds before it is removed from the heat. Serve immediately as not to overcook the prawns.