- 1/3 cup Kosher Salt
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- Sockeye Salmon fillet
- 2 cups Blueberries (frozen work best)
- 3 Star Anise (whole)
- In food processor, blend/mix Salt, Sugar, Star Anise and Blueberries.
- Place the salmon in a non-reactive container (glass or stainless steel)
- Rub the blueberry cure mixture over the skin side and place the salmon skin down and repeat on top.
- Cover the dish with plastic wrap. Refrigerate and let cure for 24 hours.
- Unwrap the dish and flip over the salmon (skins side up). Repeat process, covering with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 12 – 24 more hours.
- Unwrap salmon and scrape off excess brine, use a paper towel to gently wipe Salmon (do not rinse under water)
- Place salmon skin side down on cutting board. Use a sharp knife, thinning slice salmon crosswise.